Monday, November 7, 2016

Reader Remarks: What Is Your Biggest Home Pet Peeve?

Hey guys! I've been spending a few days in Chicago, but I just wanted to pop online and say hello. I also wanted to just post something kind of silly for today because let's face it: here in the U.S., people are feeling rather worn out. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm really looking forward to Wednesday when things (hopefully) go back to people posting too many photos of their kids on Facebook and arguing over the color of a dress.


Question: When it comes to houses, organizing, and design flaws, is there one that bothers you the most? I'm talking those little, usually completely absurd things that irk you for some inexplicable reason. I had this thought come to me the other day as I was making coffee at my parents' house. Do you see it?


kitchen-pet-peeve


It's totally nitpicky, but kitchen layouts seem to be one of those things that I have strong opinions on and an irrational desire to “fix”. In Mom's case, it was that she didn't have the coffee mugs in the cabinet directly over her coffee maker - silly of course, but I couldn't help but notice it. There were filters, coffee grounds, and all sorts of coffee-related supplies, but the mugs? Two cabinets over on the other side of the stove.


Of course, Mom can (and should!) make any decision she wants in how she organizes her kitchen, but this is one of those things I had to confess and call myself out on. I have similar feelings about things like silverware drawers not being near the stove or drinking glasses not being near the fridge. At this point, she may even keep it like this on purpose because of my disproportional irritation at being minorly inconvenienced (and I'm laughing at myself here, too - fully aware of how this bothers me and me alone). So, just curious: is there anything like this that drives you bananas? I can't be the only one!


The post Reader Remarks: What Is Your Biggest Home Pet Peeve? appeared first on The Ugly Duckling House.


Website // Subscribe // Advertise // Twitter // Facebook // Google+


No comments:

Post a Comment