Sunday, September 4, 2016

Hydrangeas Changing Color

Football, fall, and pine straw: the things I can rely on when September rolls around. Also, my pretty blue hydrangeas bud one last time and bloom their last hues for the year.


blue mophead hydrangea


I'm really glad that the ones in the back yard are growing so well. It's pretty much one of the very few things back there that are still green, considering how hard I've been working on adding fill dirt and leveling things out!


hydrangea flowers growing like crazy


Not all of them are growing in blue, however. Some of the lower buds have begun to turn to their fall coloring, and I am LOVING it.


fall hydrangeas turning colors


Summer has been kind of hard on my other plants this year, so it's nice to see one thing still happy and healthy. I do think I'm going to have to trim this one back this year, though once the flowers are all finished blooming (for more tips on growing healthy hydrangeas, see this post).


fall hydrangeas spent and new buds


Still, there are signs of additional buds still left, so I'm looking forward to getting one last show.


hydrangea bud


Is anything blooming in your yard?


While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy & effectiveness of the information displayed on this website, The Ugly Duckling House is for entertainment purposes only. All tutorials and demonstrations are not intended to be professional advice (nor substitute as such), and I make no guarantees as to the procedures and information here. Creating with my suggested methods, materials, and tools is under your own risk. Please ensure you are following proper guidelines with anything used, and seek professional advice if you don't know how to do something! Read my complete disclosure here.

The post Hydrangeas Changing Color appeared first on The Ugly Duckling House.


Website // Subscribe // Advertise // Twitter // Facebook // Google+


No comments:

Post a Comment